Purpose of Parents Club
Working in cooperation with the Principal and School Council, the Club aims to:
- contribute to the wellbeing of the school community
- encourage the participation of all parents in the life of the school and the education of their children
- provide opportunities for parents to get to know each other and to be informed about their child’s school
- provide opportunities for parents to extend their understanding of school operations, and general education policy
- contribute to proposals on school policy and other educational issues (as identified or discussed with the Principal or School Council)
- raise funds for the benefit of the school.
Parents’ Club Values
The Club commits to upholding the following values:
- respectful partnerships
- clear and honest two-way communication
- transparent processes
- democratic, informed decision-making.
All parents are welcome to attend Parents Club meetings.
Horsham West Parent's Club
New members bring fresh ideas and different approaches that our Parents’ Club can embrace, allowing us to move with the times. Whether you are experiencing school for the first time or you have children already at the school, we invite you to come and see what our Parents’ Club is all about.
The Horsham West Parents’ Club has created a Facebook page to communicate with you, our school community. This page will be used for information and reminders about activities at our school. Check out updates from the Horsham West Campus Parents Club below.
During 2019, Parents Club contributed over $30,000 towards school projects.
- Basketball courts in 3/4 area - $20,000
- Text books – Grade 5/6 - $1,000
- Classroom Books – Grade 3/4 - $911.82
- Comprehension Box x 2 - $718.18
- Supa Chuters x3 in Prep 1 & 2 areas - $2,464.80
- Grade 6 Medallions - $560
- Aero School Uniforms - $2,036.36
The installation of the two Basketball courts greatly improved the student environment in the Grade 5/6 and 3 /4 areas and makes the school look exciting and a great place to be.
Parents Club hosts many activities throughout the year, some of the regular programs include;
- Fresh Fruit Fridays – on the last Friday of each month a tub of fruit is delivered to each of the class rooms. All the Fruit is supplied and cut up by helpers of the Parents Club.
- School Photos – Parents club supports this activity helping the students get ready for the photos and coordinating the day.
- Mother’s & Father’s Day stall – We offer an opportunity for every child in the school to attend our stall to purchase something for their special someone.
During 2019 the committee hosted 12 fundraising activities raising $12,000.
Hopefully during 2020 the building works at the school will enable the external painting program to be completed which will finalise the $10,000 raised from the Fete for Paint in 2017.
Haven Parent's Club
We have an active Parents’ Club Committee that meets once a month ~ check our calendar on the homepage for meeting dates and times.
We welcome new parents, their ideas and enthusiasm to our committee. Money is raised to purchase general items and resources for the children.
The Haven Primary School Parents' Club has created a Facebook page to communicate with you, our school community. This page will be used for information and reminders about activates at our school. Check out updates from the Haven Campus Parents Club below.
During 2019, the Haven Parents’ Club funded:
- Learning materials - $92.03
- Classroom Books - $297.30
- Grade 6 graduation gifts - $287.64
- Fresh Fruit Tuesdays - $756.40
- Sports Uniforms - $750
- Top Ten Numeracy Library - $1,599
The big achievement for 2019 was hosting "Run for Cover", a colour run obstacle course which successfully raised over $14,000. This money is the Haven Parents’ Club contribution towards a planned new multipurpose building at the Haven campus.
The Haven Parents’ Club hosts many activities throughout the year. Some of the regular programs include:
- Fresh Fruit Tuesdays – Every Tuesday, fruit is prepared and delivered to each classroom. All the fruit is supplied and cut up by helpers.
- Monday BBQ – Parents cook a barbecue each Monday, so children can enjoy a hot lunch.
- Mother’s Day Stall – We provide the children the opportunity to go shopping for a special gift in a supported environment.
- Meal Deals - once a term we organise a pre-ordered lunchtime "deal" that includes a drink and special snack. Usually a "treat" food that the kids look forward to and gives parents a break from packing sandwiches!
During 2020, we look forward to the planning and construction of our new building. We have plans for new fundraising activities that are family friendly and we are always looking at ways to spend money to improve the opportunities for children's learning and experiencing fun at Haven campus.
President: Johanna Gellatly
Vice President: Michelle Stehn
Secretary: Maree Woodhart
Tresurer: Jodie Rabl